CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: boyfriend has HPV genital warts...
mirkwoodmaiden Views: 52,214
Published: 17 years ago
This is a reply to # 88,950

Re: boyfriend has HPV genital warts...

Unfortunately, there is no definitive test for men UNLESS they have symptoms, which I'm assuming is how he got diagnosed. So don't be so quick to assume it is you. HPV can lay dormant for years before any symptoms show. Many people never have symptoms and never know they carry it. It's so common, it is believed that 80% of sexually active adults come into contact with it at least once in their lives. At this point, it's pointless to try and figure out who gave it to whom. Go to your gynecologist and tell him/her the circumstances and ask specifically to be tested for HPV. There's a DNA test they can give women now to find out just what strain(s) they are carrying (whether it's the "high risk" kind, the one that MAY lead to cervical cancer, or the "low risk", which only causes visible lesions.) I believe they take a scraping of your cervix; it's much like a pap test.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022

1.140 sec, (1)