CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Video Embedded One sick Dude!!!

Feel Like The Wind!
Be light and breezy now!

Feel Like The Wind!
Be light and breezy now!

mo123 Views: 1,259
Published: 15 y

One sick Dude!!!

US gym gunman's 'internet plans'

Advertisement

Several killed in US gym shooting

A 48-year-old US man who opened fire in a Pennsylvania gym, killing three women and himself, appeared to have written about his plans for the attack.

A website linked to George Sodini described, over a nine-month period, his intentions to carry out a shooting.

The author wrote about purchasing guns and appeared to chide himself for lacking courage to complete his plan.

Authorities were unable to confirm if the website, which has been taken down, belonged to the computer programmer.

One entry, dated 6 January 2009, read: "It is 8:45PM: I chickened out! I brought the loaded guns, everything. Hell!"

Sodini injured 10 people when he opened fire with a pair of guns during a women's exercise class at a branch of LA Fitness in the town of Bridgeville, near Pittsburgh.

Eyewitnesses have described how the gunfire seemed like flashes in the dark after Sodini turned out the lights on entering the class, which was being attended by about 30 women.

'No control'

Sodini appeared to have planned the attack since at least November 2008, the Associated Press reports.

George Sodini
George Sodini lamented his lack of friends or lovers

Other entries on the blog described struggles with alcoholism and an inability to form relationships with women.

"The biggest problem of all is not having relationships or friends, but not being able to achieve and acquire what I desire in those or many other areas," a recent entry, dated 2 August, reads.

"Everything stays the same regardless of the effert [sic] I put in. If I had control over my life then I would be happier. But for the past 30 years, I have not."

Allegheny County Police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said the attack appeared pre-meditated: "He did not say anything. He walked right into the room where the shootings occurred as if he knew exactly where he was going."

'Senseless act'

Stacey Falk, 26, who was in the class, described the panic as women in the room realised what was happening.

"All of us girls were just ducking behind each other and it was just, you know, I was behind a girl, one of the girls in front to get hit," she told a local TV station.

FROM BBC WORLD SERVICE

Others said they saw several women bleeding from bullet wounds to the legs, back and shoulder.

Loretta Moss said she tried to help one woman who was shot in the leg.

"She was screaming, 'It's burning, just please call the ambulance'," Ms Moss said.

One man who was in the gym at the time of the shooting said people ran into the complex bleeding.

"One lady was shot in the leg, one lady was shot in the shoulder. We started picking her up and dragging her out," Richard Walker said.

The gym management said in a statement: "Each of us in the LA Fitness family are shocked and saddened by the senseless acts of violence that took place."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (4)