CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Brainstorm SUSPECTED REASONS here ! by mspenelope ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   5/21/2007 8:56:55 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   6,276
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=875992

I just found this comment.....

I wrote earlier what I did to completely heal my lips and my daughter's after months in my case and years in her case of peeling, cracked, bleeding, sore lips. I put organic castor oil on them and covered that in a thin layer of petroleum jelly. With out the jelly the castor oil would dry up too quickly. My lips are completely healed. I can go all day without putting anything on them. It took about a week of putting it on quite a bit, then another week of occasional use. Now I just put it on in the morning or at night if I remember. Once the outer layer of skin on the lips completely heals, your problems should be over.

Aloha, K
*********************************************************************************
So, for now, it looks like it could be:

A) an infection
B) a lack of water/hydration
C) a lack of certain nutrients, known for now - B's, C, and L-Lysine
D) all or a combination of all of the above

I just armed myself with all the needed vitamins and have been putting lemon juice on my lips. The lemon juice does seem to be helping considerably. I am also drinking more disguised water AND I'll be doing the castor oil/jelly thing as much as I can.
I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks to the people who have contributed so far!
MsP.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=875992