CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Suggestions? Success? by plantlover ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   12/19/2006 9:42:22 AM ( 15 years ago ago)
Hits:   7,239
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=794652

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Excellent post. As a person with Adrenal Insufficiency, I can attest to the validity of all of this.

I'm a grandma now, but in my 20's I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia with a 4 hour Glucose Tolerance test. I stayed on the diet for awhile but then abandoned it for the most part. I ate often (which helped keep me going) but not the right foods and way-y-y too much Sugar through the years (which I no longer eat very much of).

There is also the hereditary issue of adrenal insufficiency. My mother, sister, grandmother and uncle (all on maternal side) all have some degree of adrenal problems but I never realized it until I started researching it 4 years ago when I became very ill. Once you have the knowledge it's amazing how many puzzle pieces start to fit together.

In addition, the ASI (Adrenal Stress Index) I had done initially with Diagnos-Techs Laboratory tests your Total Salivary SIgA and gives you a score. Mine was less than 5 with normal being 25-60. The lab results say "A depressed mucosal SIgA may be attibuted to one or more of the following reasons" One, being..... Excessive chronic cortisol output causes a reduction in the number of SIgA producing immunocytes. Two, ,,,,being Excessive sympathetic activity causes inhibition of SIgA release from the mucosal immunocytes. The main functions of SIgA include immune exlusion, viral and toxin neutralization, plasmid elimination, and inhibition of bacterial colonization. Production of SIgA is adversely affected by stress which is mediated by increased cortisol and/or other catecholamine levels.

All of that is just a fancier way of saying that if you produce too much cortisol (and I assume adrenline) over too long a period of time, that it affects the mucosal boundary that keeps bugs, pathogens and yeast at bay and that SIgA it can be measured in saliva mucosa along with your cortisol levels when you have an ASI.

Since I also have had numerous infections over the years, long standing yeast andbacterial issues (which have resolved themselves with treatment), my SIgA levels are still down on my last test, which means I'm still dealing with the core issues. When you finally end up with adrenal insufficiency once the adrenals are just 'plumb tired out....", there are numerous issues to consider, not just the stimulation of the adrenals. THAT'S why it's SO important to deal with the cause and effect and trace back how and where it started.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.11 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=794652