CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Article on raw vegans by Pistonhead76 ..... Ask Barefoot Herbalist

Date:   3/31/2005 9:28:03 AM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,574
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=719500

I read the whole article and it was very boring. BUT, it did raise a question that I have benn concerned about. We have been strict vegans since 01-31-05 and have been doing well and never have cheated(I know,its only been 3 months) but what about B-12 and essential fats( omega3,DHA,etc.). Animals in the wild produce b-12 from micro-organisms in their intestines but from what I've read we dont contain them or at one time we did until our fisrt drink of chlorinated,flouridated water or our first antibiotic (which is probably in our water too!). I ve also read that old Hindu vegans used to get their b-12 from the wild plants they ate which had insects,insect eggs,and insect fecal matter on them. But when they moved to a place like Britain they got sick and died from lack of nutrition because the plants where farmed inscect free, so no b-12. I dont know how true it is but if MH could shed some light on this that'd be great cause my 15 month old has been vegan since birth and don't want him to become malnourished.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.11 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=719500