CureZone   Log On   Join

UPDATE: Day 8 of 30 by annap24 ..... Fasting for Weight Loss Forum

Date:   2/20/2006 11:40:51 AM ( 15 years ago ago)
Hits:   967
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=700252

Okay, I didn't check in during the weekend so this will probably be a long one. I hope I don't bore anyone to death.

I am on day 8 of 30. Saturday was very difficult for me. I woke up, or should I say I was woken up by a 7 year old, at 6 am. I thought it was supposed to be my day off! I was feeling very weak. After making her breakfast I had some warm lemon water before I got going. That helped a little bit. I went back to bed for half an hour so I could rest a bit. I felt a little better after that. Still weak, so I just slowly did my housework until I felt better around noon.

I took my daughter to a play. That wore me out because I was already having a tough day. So I just took the rest of the day easy.

Well I made the mistake of telling my mother, a nurse, about my fast. She was really worried. Then I had to show her all of the literature about fasting. I hate having to do that every time someone finds out. She is now going to "check up on me" every now and then. Well, at church Sunday she told her entire Sunday school class about it and on my way to main church service I got a lot of worried looks. I found out why later. Thanks mom.

I didn't want my daughter to miss out on Sunday family dinner so while my family was eating ribs, corn, potato salad, cresants, and cheesecake (You see where the problems with eating started?) I just laid on the couch feeling sorry for myself.

My brother was great though. He said he was really proud of me and that he knew I could do it because I am really disciplined when I believe in something. (he was the first in our family to beat the way we were raised on food.) He suggested a lot of tuna after the fast. That is how he lost weight.

I checked my weight this morning. Not what I was hoping for, but still very good. I have a ways to go yet, but boy is it getting easier.

I have lost 12 pounds so far.

I drank about 3/4 of a quart of Sea Salt water with a little lemon yesterday. It really did the trick. So my bowels have been moving. Mostly liquidy. TMI? Just trying to help.

I did the Master-Cleanse a few times before this water fast, so I have the stuff for it. I bought some lemons and limes when I went to the store on Thursday. So if I need a pick me up like on Saturday I think I will do an Master-Cleanse drink.

But so far today. I feel great. My skin is so soft! I feel calm and good. Happy and healthy. I love fasting. But I know there are a few rough days left to come. Wish me luck I will keep you updated.

Anna

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=700252