CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Tea? by #17922 ..... Fasting: Water Only

Date:   4/21/2004 1:15:22 PM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   687
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=683854

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Well, mostly I just wanted to know if there would be any detrimental -medical- reason why I shouldn't drink tea. As in, it would have some certain side effect that would render the fast dangerous. Yes, I realize I will be drinking water. I'm talking about tea -in addition- to water. I am not worried about my appetite being stimulated.. as far as a 'crutch' goes, I don't care. I'm doing this for health reasons and whatever helps me get through it, without taking away any major benefit, is fine with me. I believe the minimal amount of caffeine wouldn't bother me, since I drink very weak tea and am highly tolerant to caffeine. As far as it not being a strictly water only fast-- I was under the impression that the benefit of Water Fasting over any other form of fasting was that your body spares more muscle tissue when using water, since the process of ketosis is entered into fully. Since tea has no calories or carbohydrate, this should not interefere with the benefit in terms of 'water only'.

-S

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=683854