CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Desperation by #35014 ..... Allergies & Intolerance Forum

Date:   12/6/2004 12:23:22 AM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,211
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=47837

Hi Sarah,
I understand only too well. I am following a strict diet
1_ gluten and grain free (except rice)
2_anti-candida
3_avoiding 20+ foods inc. soya, eggs, milk that I showed up as 'allergic' to in a test

Gluten free because there is a question mark over whether I have celiac disease (5 years ago my previous GP told me that's what my problem was, but I only realised recently that he didn't do the tests necessary to confirm the diagnosis)
Anti-candida because I believe I have candida problem (because it responds quite well to nystatin and my symptoms all point possibly to that being the/a problem)
Avoiding all those foods because over the past couple of years I developed a number of allergies/intolerances
Grain free because I find I have uncomfortable reactions to any grain I've tried to introduce

It's tough and it's meant quite a big readjustment to my social life. But as I get closer to the finding out what the problem/s are, I get closer to getting better, as you will.
I do eat out but it takes a bit of planning beforehand. ie getting the menu in advance and agreeing on your menu before you go. Or just going to a restaurant that you know you can eat at fairly easily.
It just takes some time to establish a new routine and get used to your diet. I also have times of panic when I think this is just impossible, so I completely empathise!!
Why are you having to cut out those things?
Claire

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=47837