CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Scared to Death! by canadiangirl ..... Gallbladder Surgery Support Forum

Date:   4/18/2005 4:05:39 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,173
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=389909

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi Buggy! I am 22 years old and removed my Gallbladder on January, 10th, 2005. And I was like you I was really scared, to go under, and all those thoughts running through my head, because I have never had surgery before, that was my first one. But I told myself that God would be watching over me, and that all would be fine, and I would recover well. I went in for surgery at 8am and got back out at 9:10am. I was really nauseated. But they gave me Gravol through IV, and shortly after I was doing a bit better. I left the hospital at about 1:30 pm I believe. I came home with pain meds, stool softener, and Gravol. I only took a couple of pain meds, because the pain wasn't all that bad. But I took Gravol a few more times, and I believe about a week or a week and a half later I was feeling better. And two weeks after surgery I was at work, and feeling good. I am glad I went through with the surgery I feel really wonderful, and I can eat more stuff that I couldn't of before, because they thought it was "Acid Reflux", but wasn't at all it was the badly infected GB, with a few stones. If you decide to go through with the surgery, you will do great, and we are all here to support you. Good luck to you, and best health wishes, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, take care! And keep us updated!

Melanie :o)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=389909