CureZone   Log On   Join

Nerve Damage by BTurcotte ..... Ask Shelley # 2

Date:   10/11/2004 2:53:40 PM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   997
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=324310

I appologize if this is not the appropriate place for my questions. Shelly, you seem very knowledgeable on many topics so I thought I would start here first. Please excuse my ignorance as I have just recently found the Cure Zone and am only now learning about the many things one can do to improve your health naturally.

First, to explain my situation. On August 10th, I dislocated my knee causing 3 ligaments to be torn, a tendon to be ripped off my calf muscle and the peroneal nerve to be crushed. I have since had surgery to have the 3 ligaments replaced with 2 donor and 1 synthetic ligament and the tendon was reattached. My rehabilitation is coming along slowly but is progressing.

Since the peroneal nerve was crushed, severely bruised but not severed as observed by the surgeon during the ligament replacement, I have been left with a dropped foot. The nerve is clearly regenerating as I have regained most of the feeling in my foot and movement is coming back in all ways except for my ability to pull the foot up. However, I do expect this to come along and was told it could take up to a full year!! My first question to you is, is there anything I can do to help accelerate nerve regeneration? Will any of the flushes somehow improve the nerve repair?

My second problem is that I have a massive amount of scar tissue in my knee. For the first month of rehab, I was only able to improve my knee bend by 5 degrees from 45 to 50. In the past week however, I have been able to improve it to 62 degrees. There is still some swelling in the knee but for the most part it has subsided. My final question is, do you know of anything I can use on my knee, either externally or internally that will assist in breaking up the scar tissue?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.41 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=324310