CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Exfoliative Chelitis Characteristic Peeling Pattern? by CrustNoMore ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   3/26/2017 5:23:38 PM ( 4 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,389
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2360123

Hi Subhuman, yes, I noticed that as well. I think a lot of people who have EC seem not to have a tight "lip seal". They seem to have a kind of lip structure (probably as a result of jaw shape), which causes part of the labial mucosa to show on the bottom lip. If you look at the lips of the general population, not everybody has this kind of lip shape. I think that lip shape in combination with xerostomia probably contributes to the development of EC (because both factors increase dryness of mucous membranes near the lips). If people don't get what I'm talking about when I say "lip seal", let know and i'll try to explain it better or do a diagram or something.

I will say I am starting to see some very good results from applying biotene artificial saliva gel to the inner rim of my mouth (the labial mucosa) so I highly recommend that. I will keep updated on progress. If anybody decides to use this method, just make sure you don't get the saliva gel on the naturally dry part of the skin (the vermilion ). You need to apply this a lot throughout the day, though. As often as you would apply aquaphor.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2360123