CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: I'm afraid to start eating again! by moolykazoo ..... Master Cleanse Support Forum

Date:   10/7/2004 1:50:55 PM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   924
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=222528

Hi Judith,
somehow it's comforting to know we're all fighting the same temptations! And that we're all here to give and recieve support! I know how you feel and am constantly trying to take little baby steps toward healthier eating. I had a success the other day while baking chocolate chip cookies (and I get bonus points for using 1/2 the amount of butter and subbing applesauce for the other 1/2!) I kept a bowl of grapes next to me and snacked on those instead of chocolate chips, cookie dough or the finished product after they were baked. I did have a few the next day but I feel like it was a step in the right direction. I am also very strong in the mornings filled with will power and self-control, but how it deteriorates as the day goes on. Another step I have taken was to cut out that guilty little snack of cereal at night!

I think one of my problems is seeing the massive variety of foods available (mostly processed beyond recognition) and the pressure to offer daily feasts to the family. What used to be reserved for festivals or celebrations is now daily fare and we are all paying the price for it with our health. I have a long way to go to change my thinking and behavior but I feel like I am turning a corner. My husbands German grandmother was a great example for me for instance. Her daily repas included butter bread with jam and a cup of coffee for breakfast, homemade soup followed by a modest lunch, usually potatoes, one or more other veggies or salad and a small portion of meat, and for dinner a piece of bread with some sausage and she drank water during the day, not with meals. This is what she ate every day. At parties or festivals, she would splurg a little, but never went too far from the daily plan.
I am not saying it was the most healthy diet, but it was controlled and sufficient. She lived to a robust and active 87 year old and would be alive today if it was not for a fall she had in a city bus.

What to do about the cravings??? A friend of mine swears that going for a walk when cravings start is her secret to success (or working in the garden or taking the kids to the park, just any activity outdoors). Hang in there friend! You are an big inspiration to lots of us and not just with cleansing and health!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent too. I don't always have someone around here to discuss things like this and it's always good to come back to Curezone and visit with you all.
God Bless YOU!
Mary

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.16 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=222528