CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: 4 Lows and vit C by shotsee ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   4/4/2014 2:17:48 PM ( 7 years ago ago)
Hits:   758
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2163856

Hi Pynegi,

I do not know [definitively] why he would "strongly advise against taking vitamin C if hair analysis shows 4 low electrolytes" but it may have to do with the fact that vitamin C is a good chelator of minerals when they need to be excreted., e.g. mercury, aluminum, lead, etc., etc. However, it also acts as a promoter of mineral absorption when they need to be absorbed.

Perhaps his fears have to do with the fact that, if a person continuously exceeded their Bowel Tolerance limit, i.e. thereby promoting too much [benign] diarrhea, they would, at least theoretically, have the potential of losing too many minerals in their "watery" discharge/stool.

My personal experience in this matter may be of some use/interest: I have ingested well in excess of 50+ grams of ascorbic acid every day for the past 20 years [that's over 900 pounds worth], and my health [at age 64] is what I would assume most people would call excellent, e.g. no sickness, doctors or drugs. If "mega-dosing" on vitamin C was harmful to one's [overall] health, surely I [of all people] would have a problem by now. But I can assure you, the exact opposite has been and is the case!

I hope this helps [as just "grist for your mill"], Pynegi.

Sincerely,

David

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2163856