CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: whats the genetic possibilities that could arise from only adam and eve? by #136970 ..... Christianity Debate

Date:   6/15/2012 11:30:30 PM ( 10 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,771
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1952116

0 of 2 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I'm an avid Christian and see many of the 'fundamentalist' views as not only archaic, but laughable.  If you read Genesis Chapter 1 you will find a very different view of creation which preceded the Adam and Eve myth in which we were all created in God's image, both male and female.  Chapter 2 with Adam and Eve was added much, much later.  It then goes on from there to create an intensely male dominated society.  Solomon, 600 wives and 400 concubines/prostitutes?  And he was great?  Bah humbug.  The OT is the Hebrew bible.

Jesus taught the Golden Rule.  In fact he said that the Golden Rule was the entire Hebrew bible of his day.  It hadn't yet been codified when he was on the Planet and far exceeded what gentiles call the OT. 

You need nothing more than the Golden Rule and the love of God to practice Christianity - per Jesus.  But that doesn't hold water with the vast majority of Christian sects today, no two of which believe alike and even within sects they argue and fight about what is True.  That's the Golden Rule?

Keep stirring this section up.  It's fun to watch.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1952116