Diet, Some Evidence by cmc123 ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis
Date: 6/14/2012 11:51:03 AM ( 10 years ago ago)
Hi, so I haven't posted on this forum before, but I've been reading a lot of stuff on here and on other websites too in search of answers. My lips have been peeling for about 6 months in 2-5 day cycles. I think that everyone has different causes for this (some have allergies to toothpaste/personal care products), but for a decent amount of us, diet is the answer. I have a lot of evidence for this! Not just any diet obviously, a fairly strict diet based on veggies, fruits, and other things, and with little or no milk, or wheat, or added sugar, etc.. it depends on the individual what is to be cut out.
Alright first of all, there was a great post by snow recently who listed 5 people cured strictly by diet. 5 more from detox/diet. These people drastically altered their diet in the way mentioned above, and saw major improvements.
Now, I'm going to list a lot more evidence for diet curing peeling lips that I found in other places, and you can follow up if you'd like.
1) search Getoffyourass in the curezone search, and find his posts. Not a recommended post or anything (don't know why). Perfect example of only diet curing him. I actually go to his posts sometimes as inspiration that I will be alright one day. And it took him 8 months of slow improvement!
2) search "diet peeling lips" in google... very first site is a salicylate sensitivity site (ignore this name). just read the posts. 2 people with peeling lips cured themselves through changing diet, in a similar fashion.
3) search "peeling lips gluten".. first site. multiple people on 2nd and 3rd page claiming to be cured after cutting out foods theyre intolerant to.
4) a couple people on montreal homegrown's site who claimed to improve greatly with his diet and one took pictures.
5) User jsl said in one post that he knows 2 people who were cured with strict diet in 1 month and in 4 months.
There's more too, but I've made my point.
I personally have noticed a relationship between what I eat and my lips/how I feel in general. I think that a lot of these people and a lot of us either have an allergy/intolerance to certain foods, or an infection, and I'm leaning towards the former.
I really hope that people take this seriously and consider what I'm saying. If you're going to respond to say oh well my peeling lips are unrelated to what I eat, well then I don't care, you're different than me. I'm pretty certain that for me personally this will be the way that I am cured one day. Please let me know what you think or any contributions you have.
<< Return to the standard message view
fetched in 0.16 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1951298