CureZone   Log On   Join

OT: maca by anymouse ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   2/29/2012 2:27:58 PM ( 9 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,854
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1913777

This has nothing to do with iodine, but I know more people here (I mean I can sort of remember your posts, and know whether I am likely to trust your advice). I don't trust moreless or Dr. Oz, which is where this suggestion came from.
My Mom heard from a friend of hers that maca is a good thing and will give her energy or something like that. She has energy issues, sleeps a lot -- I blame that on Seroquel. Her friend heard about it from Dr. Oz.
My Mom didn't like medicines while I was growing up, but when she had a nervous breakdown, people forced her to take them, and afterwards she felt guilty for resisting them. So, she made a commitment to always obey her doctor because he was an authority over her. One time she stopped taking Seroquel, and had the kind of detox reaction you usually get when going off a pysc med. She decided it was a sign from God that she was sinning by going off a med without her doctor's permission. So she is now taking 50mg of Seroquel, and some blood pressure med, and she won't stop taking them unless he gives her permission.
She also takes a mishmash of different vitamins at whatever dose the vitamin manufacturer happened to package them (one pill each). She takes somewhere between 8 and 20, but I am bad at counting when I don't have them in front of me. Vitamin C, Niacin, cinnamon, cranberry, coq10, my memory fails me at this point.
So, can you tell me what the deal is with maca, are there any concerns with it, especially for my Mom?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.09 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1913777