CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Hydrocortisone by Hveragerthi ..... The Truth in Medicine

Date:   8/1/2011 6:02:00 AM ( 10 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,122
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1841437

I am currently taking hydrocortisone, weaning off as I can. I learned the hard way that there are certain supplements that lower cortisol that I'm taking such as glutamine. Being on the HC, can I take any supplements that may lower cortisol at night without affecting the medication? It seems my Vit B and Vit C were also lowering it. Can I take these three in the evening when my levels should be lower then anyway?

B vitamins should not be taken before bed as they can keep you awake.  If you want to lower cortisol at night then I would recommend ashwagandha before bed.

Vitamin C before bed is fine, but it is best to get vitamin C from natural sources rather than using synthetic ascorbic acid.

If you want to make coming off the HC easier then I recommend also taking Chinese licorice root in small doses through the day.  The licorice root has a similar function to HC and prolongs the effects of HC.  Unlike HC though licorice root helps to build up the adrenals rather than atrophy the adrenals like HC will.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1841437