CureZone   Log On   Join

I can reduce the white gunk! VERY IMPORTANT READ FOR EVERY1! by MindTheLips ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   1/22/2011 1:45:44 PM ( 10 years ago ago)
Hits:   11,634
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1757202

Okay the above two posts are brilliant, those guys know what they're talking about. Have a few egg whites in the morning, don't need more than 3-4, it's not gonna help you substantially - i've been doing this for months. The Sugar thing is bang on - make sure after eating any sugary meal or beverage you rinse out your mouth with water. If you do the two above coupled with what i suggest you should be alright mate.

I posted about this problem a few weeks ago because it was WRECKING my social life. People can ignore bad lips (who doesn't have a bad lip day ocassionally) but if you've got gunk on your teeth, well they'll assume you've never used a brush before.

Don't get me wrong, i haven't gotten rid of all of it yet, there's still a clear, sticky film there, but the majority of the white gunk is gone and trust me if yours is as bad as what I had 2 weeks ago, you'll be more than happy with what's left. I had to go to a bathroom every half an hour just to get a tissue to wipe all that crap off, i couldn't believe how it could accumulate so quickly.

I don't know the Science behind it, so i don't know whether it's candida, calcium or flouride traces. I'm pretty sure it can't be flouride, cause i used baking soda to brush for a few weeks and that didn't help either (btw baking soda contains no flouride).

So i googled it and found on some old forgotten forum that someone else was having this same problem. Apparently their toothpaste had been damaging the gum and inner cheek tissue and causing the gunk to accumulate on their teeth too, particularly the upper front teeth like mine.

So this person recommended using Sensodyne because it is more mouth friendly, less intensified ingredients bla bla bla. I was kinda desperate, so i went out and bought half the range.

Now out of the entire range that i tried (and i tried a few) only Sensodyne(original) and "Sensodyne Pronamel: Daily Toothpaste" helped reduce it to an acceptable amount. One of the whitening toothpastes helped a bit, but no where near as much as those two so STICK to the two i've mentioned above.

There is one other toothpaste that i want to try and it's called "Sensodyne Gum Protection" and apparently it has an antibacterial formula. Chances are it might not make any difference but if it does it probably is a gum issue.

Let me stress to everyone now, the white gunk is NOT part of exfoliative cheilitis, using these toothpastes will not sort out your lips. These are both symptoms of an internal problem, which many of you already know. By the way do NOT use this toothpaste in combination with any mouthwash other than the Sensodyne pronamel mouthwash because alternative mouthwashes contain the same irritating ingredients as many toothpastes. To be frank, i don't even use the mouth wash that much, it doesn't make a big difference on TOP of the Sensodyne toothpaste.

A bit of background knowledge about me is i'm 21, i've had EC for 6-7 years and i developed the white gunk 1 and a 1/2 years ago so i KNOW when i see improvement. If you have any questions about white gunk in the mouth please let me know, i'd love to solve this problem completely as well as EC.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1757202