CureZone   Log On   Join

Question for the experts Re: possible Hashi's by teraza ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   10/21/2010 10:53:40 AM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,203
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1710513

1 month after having my last baby (He was born in April, this year), I had a bought of terrible body hair loss, eyebrows, eyelashes, arm hair, etc. (not much head hair).

It was weird, the hairs would just "fall out". I did take some B complex from Thorne just before it happened and thought maybe it was from that (not sure, increase methylation or something?) anyways, my doctor did agree it could be my thyroid, but would only order TSH. he actually yelled at me for suggesting more. I was in tears with the tongue lashing I got from him and did not return to the clinic. I am in Canada, so switching doctors is not easy.

Anyways, it slowly resolved and my hairs grew back. I however can NOT lose the baby weight and my hair growth is very very minimal. I can go a week without shaving easy, I used to have to shave everyday. My hair on my head is growing slowly as well. My nails are brittle and break.

So, fast forward to this week, my eyelashes and eyebrows were mostly back to normal. I actually commented to my husband how nice it was to have my eyelashes back. I took some lactation aid because my milk is not quite keeping up and I cant/dont want to use any formula. We are all milk/soy/corn allergic here. I guess I could try the weston price liver formula, but even that has whey I think. Neither here nor there. The lactation aid had some fenugreek and other herbs in it. It did boost my milk supply, but all my hair fell out again. My eyelashes, eyebrows are sparce, my arm hair is falling out again. I also have a very sore throat. My milk supply has also plummented 2 days after this event.

I am thinking either the action of fenugreek on my thyroid is doing it or maybe its hashimotos.

I am only painting some magnascent from time to time because I dont want to detox any while I am nursing.

Thanks for any guidance.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 1.22 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1710513