CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Does too much protein in the diet increase cancer risk? by Molly Bloom ..... The Truth in Medicine

Date:   6/16/2010 11:03:13 AM ( 7years ago)
Hits:   2284
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1638721

Yes, one of the interesting things I read is that they did a study of trying to give a group of men scurvy by putting them on a strictly meat diet. They couldn't do it, in fact all the men got healthier, with one alleviating his gingivitus.

After alot of clinical trials, a hypothesis is that carbs actually interfer with Vit C absorption. They believe that all the over carb loading in the US (of course, mostly from easily digestible processed carbs) is causing vast Vit C deficiencies. There is a minute amount of Vit C in meat, and without refined carbs, it's easily absorbed.

Hey, I don't want anyone to think I'm turning into a lunatic. I'm still the Molly that believes in to each their own...you have to be on this website. But my eyes have been opened to many things recently.

I am being very careful on this new eating plan. I drink tons of water. I eat good EFA's that are balanced. I am getting adequate amounts of electrolytes. And I am eating mostly fish and chicken, and vegetables too :-). But there are old things passed down that are repeated, but have never been proven. Like a protein diet will hurt your kidneys. If you have existing kidney disease, yes that's a problem. If you have healthy kidneys, and are adequately hydrated, it's no problem. There has been no studies ever that have conclusively linked fat and protein to causing new kidney disease. It's one of the big scare tactics used by the egotistical idiots that created our US Policy Food Pyramid.

So, I'm off my soapbox. Appreciate my good folks for letting me rant....

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.09 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1638721