CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Alkaline water recipe by grzbear ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   5/3/2010 7:20:38 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,801
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1616788

>>"I wonder how much you get from pickle juice which some people drink for heath purposes."<<

One such pickle recipe...

Ingredients

* 7 lbs sliced large cucumbers (peeled and seeded)
* 1 cup pickling lime
* 1 quart vinegar
* 1 pint vinegar
* 1 teaspoon mace
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 1 tablespoon pickling spices
* 5 lbs sugar
* cinnamon stick
* 1 tablespoon dried vegetable flakes
* 1 tablespoon Celery seed

Directions

1st day - Slice cucumbers peeland de-seed and soak in 2 gallons of water with 1 cup lime.

2nd day - Rinse cucumbers good and mix the Sugar and other spices and rinsed cucumbers in vinegar mixture and soak for 12 hours. Cover rinsed cucumbers with ice while mixing vinegar mixture. Be sure to drain cucumbers well, before adding to liquid.

3rd day - Drain vinegar off cucumbers and heat to boiling, then add cucumbers and cook 20 minutes. Pack in jars and seal while hot. Can use green food coloring if desired.

many recipes would give one more *lime* than you are getting with your mix. BTW - I like your mix... it is a great Alkaline Water at a fraction of the price of those places selling ionic and Alkaline Water *drops*... which have the same things in them... usually a macro mineral oxide or hydroxide, and\or potassium and\or sodium bicarbonates.

Then there is nixtamalization...

One can find literally dozens of pickling lime recipes on one site.

This is what people used to preserve foods with, and boost nutritional content (lime boosts, sometimes greatly, certain vitamins) before refrigerators.

Calcium hydroxide is also found in many commercial foods, including *calcium enriched* orange juices. It is also found in baby foods\formulas, anti fungal creams... products run the gamut, medicines, both OTC and prescriptions, foods, and cosmetics.

I look at OTC labels when I am in a drug store... and cannot believe the number of products whose *active ingredients* are hydroxides, oxides, peroxides, etc.

I go home and remember them... someone has a problem, I mix something up for pennies for them and it works...usually within one or two treatments even if the person has been dealing with the issue for days, weeks, years.

People have no idea how cheaply they could take care of their health needs with a few very cheap products - like pickling lime, Epsom Salts , Baking Soda and potassium bicarbonate.

Note the reference to THE 4 macro-minerals.

Calcium
Magnesium
Sodium
Potassium

As an aside, in Bangladesh *today*, they are literally saving kids lives with a very simple solution of water, salt and sugar... not to distant from switchel which has been used for perhaps tens of thousands of years, in one incarnation or another as a very powerful medicine.

A little vinegar or citrus would round it off well, but hey, they must work with what they have.

grz-

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1616788