CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: My Cure by ko50 ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   2/17/2010 9:55:14 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   5,796
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1575177

I wouldn't call it minor... Since being on Accutane 2 years ago, all I could think about was my lips. At work, any time I got 2 seconds free, I would google cures from my Cell Phone . Even after stopping the accutane, nothing seemed to work. My lips constantly felt swollen, and had a burning sensation.

I went through TONS of products, and spent a lot of money. When I applied vaseline, It basically just coated my dry lips, and wore right off.

Nothing worked until I stopped using all products COLD TURKEY... It was VERY bad for a few days. The burning went away after about 3 days. The dryness never really went away, but without the burning it was easier to manage.

The final step was GENTLY exfoliating every morning and every night, and using vaseline to exfoliate. Again, my lips are NOT perfect - but I don't think about them every waking moment anymore.

For me, less was more... but everyone is different. I guess it would depend on what is causing your condition. We very well may all have different reasons for our EC.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1575177