CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Effect on my baby? by 3jaysmom ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   5/12/2008 8:45:33 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,145
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1171728

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I breastfed my daughter for about 11 months with the mirena in, and didn't realize the issues untill well after that, unfortunately. I just wrote a post about the experience a few days ago, and it got me thinking, so I asked a Dr friend of mine ( not a obgyn, but a gp) about the effects on the baby while using the hormonal bc, and he checked on it and said he couldn't find much info on it, however, he said that the hormones are similar enough to what a woman makes naturally that it should not cause any problems. He said that the main reason for not reccommedning hormonal bc to breastfeeding woman is because it decreases the milk supply. My daughter is 19 months, and I havent noticed anything different about her development from her 2 brothers that I breastfed mirena-free. She is much more of a little trouble maker, though! I think we can rest easy knowing we did what we know to be the best for our babies, and just keep an eye on things to make sure that they are developing on track. I'm sure your baby is doing great, and I hope you're doing well post removal, too, because this situation can be really tough.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1171728