CureZone   Log On   Join

Bullying and violence in schools by sparque ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   3/23/2008 1:59:11 AM ( 13 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,978
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1138262

I'm wondering if someone can direct me to the right group to help with a problem. I'm a counselor and a lot of my kids (mainly girls, but not all) are really getting into fighting, hitting, and bullying. Many of these kids are also into self injurious behavior (cutting and burning...), but not all, so I didn't want to post there, unless it's the best place.
Quite often, they will go to a secluded area just to hit each other, not fight. Now I don't mean a shove or slap, but actual bruising slugs and hits. When they finish, they laugh and go back to class or go eat. Sometimes, it will evolve into a fight, or it can be 2 girls who want to fight, and then they just go at it.
It seems they do this for the rush, the thrill, that pumped up feeling, not anger or hatred. Has anyone else encountered this, and can you offer some suggestions on ways to turn this energy into more acceptable behavior. We have some after school sports on campus, but not enough; or the parents won't let them stay late, so this option is not working.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1138262