CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Pictures by uklad ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   1/12/2008 2:54:11 AM ( 13 years ago ago)
Hits:   9,264
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1083993

My condition started at around 12 from then on I bit my lips to the point of bleeding and I bit them so much they didn't bleed anymore, cos there was no skin left I think. Anyway I went through life biting deadskin off and moiturizing all the time. I managed a long term relationship with that! ( but all the time lips bugged me and I knew my lips had to heal ). Relationship ended. At 25 I found this forum and have been trying to heal ever since, I have been one of the l''eave alone brigade''.

I have worked in the same place for the past 8 years, it is very difficult, phsycolocaly its a nightmare, you are as parnoid as f**k but you have to work through. One tip I have is just don't get to close to people, look in a mirror and look at the distance before you notice the bad lip and then use that as a guide like when you have to speak to people, stuff like that helps, use your imagination.

A few years ago my bottom was even worse and that did get a couple of comments, but I just said what it is and anyway you should care what others think. The problem with it is girlfriends are out of the window!

If I had to hook up with friends or a big night out or something I would tear the scab off and moisturize for that one night or day, but then you are back to square one.

I brought the house and it gave me an excuse to renovate it so I could be on my own at weekends and not see anyone so as to give my lips more time to heal ( I think peeps at work may have got used to it, but then sayin that they always say why havent I got a girlfriend! ). Now I've done the house ( 4 years work ) and its still not healed ! its taking forever!

My top lip is damaged but more on the underside so I just still bite that cos no one can see it.

Dont let this rule you completely as one day you will wake up at 40 and have nothing!.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1083993