CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Affection~vs~Respect by #50953 ..... Near Death Experiences Support Forum (NDE)

Date:   10/12/2007 9:12:18 AM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,399
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1019301

I would, on relfection, not say that NDErs are the only teachers of wisdom, but those of you I follow on CZ are more qualified to pass on wisdom than most "teachers" working in various "institutions" that I have met.(My husband, a life long college professor would agree). There are teachers of a different sort outside of institutions: the grandfather who takes the time to teach the child to tie shoes or shows the youth how to cast a fishing line; the mechanic who explains patiently what I can do to avoid burning up the clutch on that nearly impassible road to the old mining camp. The other great teachers? Ghandi, Socrates, the Christ, and much more: Their wisdom comes, it would seem, from something outside themselves, like a gift or a second sight. That's it! True wisdom is something beyond outselves, and may pop up like a gift to any person in any place. Maybe even there is an occasional soul teaching within an educational system who has wisdom(though there is so much vanity and abuse of power in these places, such an enlightened soul is rare, so rare we remember them the rest of our lives!). But classroom teaching can grind the idealism out of most people for countless reasons. Not an appropriate sub topic for the high thinking I love in this forum!!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1019301