I got so sick of every single tray having tons of mold I threw out 10 out of 12 trays that had mold. But then the next day the next one showed mold and I threw it out. Then the next day the last one showed mold. I keep trying different things but now by day two I am throwing out every tray because of little bits GREEN mold that eventually grow into huge patches of mold, not just the white cilia hairs.
I use bleach to clean the trays. I found mold in the kelp bottle and stopped using it, but still got mold after that. I put on the top tray ajar to give it more air. I made little trenches in the corners for any excess water. I started watering less and less on the first day, thinking I may be over watering. I even started using a spray bottle to make sure not to get too much water on the first day. I ended up cutting back so much I stunted the wheatgrass growth BUT NOT THE MOLD!
I have tried using hydrogen peroxide on the beginning of the mold in futility. I have tried using citrus such as lemon in futility again. I tried using Sea Salt in more futility. I have used a fan but the mold starts even before the top lid comes off, so whatís the use. In the past I tried different seed once. I could try that again, but am not hopeful. Also this is the second bag of different peat moss. I could try another one, but am not hopeful. I even put our $500 ionic air cleaner from our room next to the wheatgrass hoping to kill any airborne mold. Could it be in our house so bad that nothing will stop it? WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? I am so frustrated! Please help me.
I am so determined to keep growing wheatgrass for better health, not to mention the expense in getting started. But I can only go so far and do so much! PLEASE HELP ME IíM GETTING DESPERATE!!!!! :-(