CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Any advice for a dry faster merging into water fasting?

chrisb1 Views: 3,204
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 966,612

Re: Any advice for a dry faster merging into water fasting?

I read everything I could find on dry fasting. Some of the information says day 4 is the critical point of no return yet some individuals dry fast for 7-14 days. I am on Day 3 of Dry fasting and wanted to go for six days, if I will not do my body harm. So the question remains, should I stop at Day 4 then go on to Water Fasting only?

MY OWN VIEW (BASED ON 30 YEARS OF STUDYING FASTING AND UNDERGOING 2 LENGTHY FASTS OF MY OWN) IS THAT DRY FASTING IS DANGEROUS: THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF DEHYDRATION AND THEREFORE DAMAGE TO THE INTERNAL ORGANS. PERSONALLY I WOULD STOP NOW AND AND DRINK PURE WATER ACCORDING TO THIRST. HOWEVER, EXCESSIVE WATER DRINKING ON THE Water Fast CAN SEVERELY RESTRICT ELIMINATION AND CLEANSING, JUST AS OVEREATING IS HARMFUL.

Second Q:Much of the information on Water Fasting says not to go beyond 40 and at most 50 days, so if an individual must stop fasting at 40 , 50 or 60 days is this because of the lack of protein? I read two brief studies on a 90 day Water Fast supplemented with electrolytes and vitamins for the extended fast. Any opinions on whether long fasting is safe. Are you breaking down muscle tissue of the heart etc.

LONG FASTING IS SAFE BUT SHOULD BE SUPERVISED BY SOMEONE WHO IS QUALIFIED TO DO SO. IT IS THE QUALITY OF YOUR FOOD RESERVES THAT REALLY MATTER HERE AND THEREFORE THE QUALITY OF YOUR DIET PRE-FAST (WITHIN THE LAST 4 TO 6 MONTHS).
EACH CASE SHOULD BE JUDGED ON MERIT AND YOUR OVERALL GENERAL HEALTH IS A FACTOR HERE TOO; DEFICIENT ELECTROLYTES ARE POTENTIALLY THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM.
THE BREAKDOWN OF MUSCLE TISSUE AND OTHER VITAL ORGANS ONLY OCCURS AFTER THE FASTING STAGE IS OVER AND YOUR FOOD RESERVES ARE DEPLETED: THIS IS WHEN STARVATION SETS IN AND YOU BEGIN TO FEED ON YOURSELF, WHICH IS EXTREMELY DAMAGING AND POSSIBLY FATAL.
ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL BE BEST JUDGED BY A NATUROPATH OR NATURAL HYGIENIC DOCTOR.

I have excess weight so there are ample tissue reserves.
QUALITY HERE IS IMPORTANT.

I am seeking therapeutic healing of some medical conditions.
WHICH MEDICAL CONDITIONS IN PARTICULAR?

CHRISB1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

4.438 sec, (2)