CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Newbie with a question

unyquity Views: 1,987
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 966,096

Re: Newbie with a question

I disagree with trapper in his 'solid conclusion' without having any more information on which to base his conclusion.

Did you mean that you've been taking Iodine for quite some time, and the loading test showed you are still deficient and not absorbing iodine? OR did you mean that you took the loading test, have taken Iodoral for only 4 days, have not retaken a loading test...and are experiencing tiredness and 'yuckiness'?

Without retaking a loading test, there's absolutely no way to know if your body is absorbing/utilizing the Iodine or not.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding Trapper's response, but after only 4 days on Iodoral and no other testing (if that's the case) I don't know how it would be possible to make such a 'snap' diagnosis of your issue.

Iodine displaces a wide array of toxins throughout the body, and that can make one extremely tired...and many different varieties of "yucky".

Your starting dose is 48-50 mg daily...and although that level of starting Iodine supplementation is recommended by many allopathic MD's (and some NDs and holistic healers), there are many MD's and holistic healers that say 50 mgs is way too high of a starting dose.

Although many would like to believe they know almost everything regarding iodine supplementation (MDs, NDs, and CZ forum owners & posters), this type of daily dosage and the wide range of supplements used to support the dosages is still in it's infancy (having only been done for a few years at this level with modern clinical data to back it up)...and of course, we don't see ALL of the clinical data. Supplementing one's body with Iodoral or Lugol's solution is definitely gaining widespread popularity, but the in's & out's are not as definitive as some blindly accept them to be. Frustratingly for many of us, most of the protocols that are popular are based on the works of allopathic and 'scientific researchers'...yet allopathic medicine and 'scientific' researchers have continued to fail the world's populations in achieving health...when the works of many natural healers have been curing incurable diseases successfully for decades.

Most of us are truly deficient in iodine...and the largest majority of people have absolutely no problems with supplementing iodine or using it for treatment of various dis-eases and conditions according to the current trends. If I were you, I would pose my question on the Yahoo Iodine Support Forum, as well.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/

Once you've received several different responses, you will probably be able to discern for yourself which one 'resonates' with you, or seems the most correct.

When learning & researching ways to heal your body and attain vibrant health, knowledge is the biggest key. Once you've attained the knowledge you need (in this case, start researching all the various symptoms of the toxins that iodine releases in your body). Once you know that, the BEST doctor to listen to is your own 'doctor within.

'Hope that gives you some help!

Unyquity

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.797 sec, (2)