CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Need advice please

Views: 2,139
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 965,543

Re: Need advice please

That sounds like my story exactly from a month ago, a few differences - but I thtink it's best to let it go. My guy's problem was with my daughter (I'm 33, he was 26) and I put up with his reluctance to be around her because I figured he was young and she's my responsibility anyway. We would hang out and stay over every Sat. nite, it was the only time we got to see each other and I looked forward to it every weekend. One saturday in July was my daughter's b-day and my mother was sick (she's my overnite babysitter) so I called him and told him I didn't have a babysitter and couldn't go out but he could come by and watch a movie. I told him I'd call him after the party, so 3 hours later I called him back - my daughter had made plans to stay the night with a friend and I was free after all - when I called he said he had already made other plans and refused to invite me along. I stood up for myself. I ended up going over to a married couple's house, friends of mine and hanging out, and I confronted him the next day. I told him it hurt my feelings and I felt like he didn't want me around, he just clammed up, said sorry! and we ended up hanging up on ok terms. We dated for 8 months and that was the last time he spoke to me. Without another word he stopped returning my calls and texts.

Strangely, now I'm not sure what I was trying to hold onto because after a month or so of not having him around is not that much different from having him around. I really don't miss him - I started to reflect on what we did together and our time together was only centered on partying. When we stayed home we still drank and all he ever talked about was himself. When I'd start talking about something having to do with me he'd act uninterested and eventually change the subject.

I think aside from winning the prize for most cowardly breakup in my history - it was a waste of 8 months.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

5.641 sec, (1)