CureZone   Log On   Join
My one-week-since-removal update

iggie11 Views: 1,335
Published: 15 years ago

My one-week-since-removal update

Positive side: more even-tempered, less edgy. Negative side: still have that lower abodominal bloat/"weight" feeling/fat accumulation. I look a little less pregnant, but not quite the dramatic slimming effect I was hoping for. I've done some research, examined my eating habits from over the past several months, and am fairly certain I have a problem with yeast (Candida). So for the past 6 days I've been on a fairly strict diet: no sugar, no bread (yeast-containing foods), no alcohol (ouch! I miss my nightly glass of wine!), no coffee, no cheese, no peanut butter.... Basically all of my staples, gone. It's down to eggs, chicken, turkey, brown rice, wheat pasta, vegetables, the occasional flour tortilla, and water--for the most part. I'm not, so far, experiencing much slimming. Don't know how long to give it. I also am assuming there's still layers of fat from the Mirena that I have to work off as well. I don't know/can't tell how much is purely fat and how much is intestinal. And it's not so much appearance--it's just a constant sensation of gas built up. ('Course, going from a low-fiber diet to a high-fiber diet--even with all the water--I'm sure is causing some of that sensation.) I've been so preoccupied and depressed with this issue, that my interest in sex has been cool--just like how it was with the iud. Feeling like I just can't win! Very depressing. Still glad the Mirena's out though. My period only lasted a week, and it wasn't too tremendously heavy. Assuming it doesn't come back for another month I'd say that isn't too bad. So for those of you who are wondering how people's experiences are getting off the Mirena, there's mine!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

5.863 sec, (1)