CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ovarian cancer symptoms

Kabel Views: 15,093
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 958,160

Re: Ovarian cancer symptoms

Thanks Heater,
Useful information. It doesnt really surprise me about the cancer side of things, unfortunately. On the information sheet supplied at the netdoctor/medicines site, it says in the USE WITH CAUTION section..
to use with caution in"known or suspected cancers in which growth of the cancer is stimulated by sex hormones" They go on to give Breast Cancer as an example, but that is just an example.
So, to me, that says that if someone may be susceptable to cancer (and let's face it, most of us are not going to know if we are susceptable, until we get it and by then it's a bit late!), but anyway, if there is a risk of cancer it may be made worse by messing with hormones eg mirena as well as any other hormone treatment. Progesterone was always thought to be less risky that estrogen generally, but firstly, mirena does not give us progesterone, just something that does a similar job, and secondly, because it mimics progesterone, in some people that may make their bodies work harder to compensate for that by trying to over produce oestrogen, so actually some people may end up with estrogen way above the norm - we do know that as soon as the mirena comes out, most people if the body is working ok, will over produce estrogen to compensate for the mirena, so either way, i guess we are at a certain amount of risk. I am no expert on this, but it's just the way it seems to me, especially considering the warnings on the Mirena page of that website.
After all, it also says use with caution in the case of women with a history of ovarian cysts - and we know that ovarian cysts are one of the nasty side effects that some women have had on this forum.
Use with caution in women with a history of migraine or severe headaches - mmmm yes, and we know that migraines are a real problem for many people with mirena, even those, like me, who never had a migraine before...
and on it goes.....:(
by the way, sorry i haven't been on the last couple of days, my hubby has a rare form of cancer in his jaw, and had an op to get it out a month or so ago, but they now say they didnt get it all out, so he will have to have another op in about 10 days time, so life has been and continues to be a bit hectic at this end! So, i havent given up the forum, just hardly any time to do much with it! hope to be back sooner or later! Take care:) x

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.359 sec, (2)