CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me

sans sucre Views: 2,183
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 953,007

Re: Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me

Ah, I see what you mean. In other words, by calling God Allah, others may think I am "leaning to islam", so to speak. Oh, well, it was all just speculation - I don't use the word "Allah" anyway. But, I do still have to wonder what dif. it really makes if others think I am praying to the muslim God, as long as God and I know the score. I guess it would depend on what the circumstances were. But, then, if it is all one god. . . I guess I could go around in circles with this, lol! :)

Thanks for the primer on Islam. Very interesting. I took religious studies in college but that was "20+ years and a whole lotta illness that has affected my memory" ago. I need to look into it further myself. My tendency is to think that it would be some radical faction that would try to deceive young Christians into following Islam, but I cannot say that with any authority on the matter - it is just what I hope would be the case. I believe that the vast majority just want to live their lives and worhip as they choose, much like any radical faction of any religion when compared to the pious masses. Is it possible also that they are closed because they want to be, much like how Judaism discourages conversion, because they do not feel outsiders worthy of being let in, rather than because they know their religion would not pass muster? I would imagine that muslims believe deeply in their faith.

Well, Benn There, it is always very enlightening "talking" with you. Have a great evening.

-Sans

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (1)