CureZone   Log On   Join
Another recipe for post-fasting

Somer Views: 7,741
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 949,093

Another recipe for post-fasting

(To Somer from the Monitor - Since I corrected myself as to what is O/T, I agree with you that these types of posts are NOT O/T, so I corrected your subject title from "Another dang recipe" to the above - I made sure your post remained as is.)

AND fwiw, I think your amazing and everyone should read what you have to say!
- The Monitor

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and now for your enjoyment - Somer's post:

I agree with the lightly cooked veggie theory. I have consumed gallons of homemade vegetarian vegetable soup post fast, and still LOVE it!

I usually cut up a bunch of well scrubbed potatoes, carrots and celery, cover with pure water and simmer til just getting tender (about 15 minutes), then add a big ole onion, fresh garlic and a can of organic diced tomatoes (plus a small can of tomato paste sometimes). By then the veggies are pretty well done (just tender) and I throw in frozen green beans and peas, which taste wonderful, look pretty and stop the cooking. Just enough Sea Salt to bring up the flavors and voila! Vegetarian minestrone ALWAYS hits the spot! You start with a very small amount, and chew the veggies very well. Their being cooked definitely helps make them easier to digest with our baby clean systems!

A shake of cayenne pepper is nice over the top!

The main rules of breaking a fast are to eat LIGHT (never too much at a time), eat CLEAN (nothing heavy, meaty, greasy, sugary) and eat SLOWLY (chew everything very well). Follow these simple rules and you can't go wrong.

Best,
Somer

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (1)