i was one of those people at the time of the debate. what you failed to mention about that discussion is that 1 drop of pure oregano was mistakenly applied to a cat's wound and the cat nearly died because it entered the blood stream directly and its liver could not handle it. for whatever reason, the result was a toxic effect. i would guess any animal can handle a one-time oral ingestion like you gave your kitten, but again, vets suggest it is toxic over time (accumulative). i suggest for your experiments to have any validity, you would have to keep giving that dose every day and see how the cat fairs, and/or try a drop directly on a wound. good luck.