CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Advice needed. Anyone here from UK (Scotland?)

plantlover Views: 6,962
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 875,673

Re: Advice needed. Anyone here from UK (Scotland?)

If you haven't found some UK folks here on this website, there is another website I have found EXTREMELY helpful in dealing with adrenal and thryoid issues. And they have quite a few folks from the UK that are members. It's
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com.
I have found so much information on the site that has helped and/or clarified issues for me that I didn't find anywhere else. Make sure you take some time to read the article links on the left hand side of the page.

I have been dealing with severe adrenal issues for 5 years and on their advice I finally got my aldosterone levels and ferritin levels tested. Both were bottomed out. Also extremely low....my Free T3 and Free T4, indicating I still have thyroid issues as well. And, I got all my hormones tested (since I'm 53) and THOSE were also in the tank. So now, I KNOW the issues I have to deal with instead of trying to second guess myself.

Previously I had my adrenals tested with saliva tests many times and done what seemed like dozens of different protocols with not much improvement. I have also shared before that glandulars ( tried many different brands without improvement), diet modifications, stress reduction, supplements and the like are ABSOLUTELY necessary, but when you get to a certain point as I did where I was in adrenal failure (Morning cortisol at 1/3 of the lowest range number and nearly nothing for the rest of the day) it's time to reevaluate. I could not tolerate Cortef, but am tolerating Isocort (over the counter) just fine at 9 pellets a day. Isocort is the ONLY over the counter substance I've found that contains cortisol as I took saliva tests while on OTHER brands and they didn't even register on my tests. Isocort bumped up my cortisol levels by 2 points for every pellet.

I know some folks say that saliva tests are not as accurate once you start cortisol therapy. I found it interesting that the test protocol seemed to register Isocort (made from sheep adrenals) almost as my natural levels.

If you have adrenal exhaustion you simply MUST have a saliva 4 part cortisol test, which your doctor may or may not have done. If they did you need to see a copy. You can do it yourself by ordering the kit from
http://www.thehormoneshop.com
for about $100., and for me the test was worth every penny. I literally wasted several years trying to guess. Once I saw after 3 or 4 subsequent tests 4 months apart that my cortisol numbers continued to fall despite EVERYTHING I was doing, it was time to jettison glandulars only and add Isocort or Cortef. These tests are the only way to figure out what your adrenals are really doing as a baseline.

I also spent a year as a phone patient with Clymer Healing Center and while I feel they were very helpful they preferred to treat the adrenals naturally when I REALLY needed replacement cortisol. Every body is different.

And yes, insomnia is a HUGE problem for adrenal sufferers!!! And the fact that you're urinating often may also indicate an aldosterone difficiency, but not necessarily. IF your cortisol levels are extremely low, aldosterone usually is...and aldosterone regulates sodium/potassium and electrolytes in the body. If you check out the other website you can educate yourself in looking at the problem from all angels. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Plantlover

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (2)