CureZone   Log On   Join
I tried it.....

sanctuary2 Views: 25,894
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 905,719

I tried it.....

So I tried it this morning. Only used a small amount as I have short hair. It went on pretty easily and felt like it was soaking in. I did have a hard time getting it out again. I tried not to use shampoo, but just didn't feel like I was getting it all out and so ended up using a small amount of shampoo. I didn't condition. I did rinse with rosemary water, as I didn't have any emu oil. Can't say as I notice any great difference as yet, but I have only done it once. My hair does look pretty good given that I didn't condition it. It feels really nice, but then again, I have noticed that since I have been using the rosemary water, it has been feeling the same way. Too early to tell I suppose.

So I have been thinking about why this idea might work. I understand that shea butter is used as a thickener in many products, and I know that not conditioning your hair will make it appear thicker because conditioner is designed to smooth hair out and flatten the little ridges along the hair shaft. Not conditioning will always make your hair seem thicker not matter what you use to shampoo with.

As for hair regrowth, I can see how shea butter would have that effect and I am wondering if it is not the emu oil that has done this. That would make more sense to me as the emu oil probably stimulated the blood cells around the hair follicle. That I could understand. Might have to get me some emu oil and check that out. I did notice that I lost a lot of hair this morning with hair falling out during and after my shampoo. Not real thrilled about that, but will persevere.

You mentioned that you are also from Oz, where do you get your shea butter from. I like pretty rural and so I ended up having to order mine online all the way from WA and I am in QLD. I am going to Brissy next week and hope to find some there.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

1.297 sec, (1)