CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: suggestion on blog rollbacks?

Views: 2,192
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 90,064

Re: suggestion on blog rollbacks?

Resetting blog counters wouldn't be necessary if we had the ability to choose for ourselves how we want to view blog lists, as suggested in this thread:

//www.curezone.org/forums/m.asp?f=704&i=739

But, if that's too hard to implement, yes the next best thing would be to have them reset at regular intervals. Once a month seems OK to me (but really I would still prefer to be able to jump between "daily, weekly, monthly, all"!)

I'm not too keen on a randomized list, at least not as the "primary" mode. It's nice to be able to see what people are gravitating towards, what they're interested in, what they think is worth spending time to read, etc.

In my suggestion above, a random feature could be added in for those that want to use it, though. Maybe have it take the top 100 based on "total views", and randomize them. But I dunno, it's not too hard to scroll through the top 100 anyway. Anything beyond that might be a little more difficult to randomize .... there are probably thousands of blogs and I would think generating random lists out of "all blogs possible" for so many people, would consume resources pretty fast.

--James

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)