CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: After MC??

horsegirl Views: 1,713
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 894,585

Re: After MC??

There is a yahoo group called kefir_making. It has a lot of information about the types of flora in it and other ways of using it. There are milk grains and water grains. The water grains are used to make an alternative to pop. Some make sauerkraut, etc. Do not buy it at a health food store, it will last only a few uses, about 7. You need to pay someone shipping to send you some live milk cultures. They grow slowly every day and then one day you will share your extras with someone else. That's the way we do it. I put my small clump in 1 cup of milk and leave it on the kitchen counter to grow. Some do it in the pantry. In less than 24 hours I have a creamy, slightly sour tasting kefir. I make smoothies, mix it in oatmeal, etc. Check their archives for the types of bacteria that you will be getting. Dominic is the creator of this site and is in Australia. He has posted plenty of info to research on his site.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.891 sec, (1)