CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Starting Friday, June 1st

alizzah Views: 857
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 887,850

Re: Starting Friday, June 1st

Thanks, Obert!

You know, I didn't make it the 5 days that I wanted. I ended up eating some Watermelon and cabbage soup last night, so unfortunately I made it only..well, just shy of 4 days.

Apparently hunger can kick in due to smells of food as well, not just eating something. On day three, my husband had made some (rather stinky) food and from that point on my stomach was growling and acting up mercilessly! I don't know how all of you do manage to fast for so long when living with other (eating!) people!

Anyway, during the (nearly) 4 days of fasting, I lost 5.5 pounds and from exactly one week ago, I have lost 11 pounds (I ate strictly fruits and veggies for 3 days before my fast). But the biggest benefit seems to be that my stomach feels like it has shrunk down to a normal size. A bowl of that soup really filled me up, where it would have taken two before.

While this is kind of an experiment, it has certainly started out nice! In all honestly, if I could last 30 days I'd probably rather try that, but I really want to avoid negativity from the family (my mother in law likes to eat out with us about every 10 days or so) and my husband (who works in a gym, and is a habitual reader of all things health related) already made one concerned comment to me. Therefore trying to fast for 4 or 5 days a few times in the course of a month & a half seems to be the best way around all that.

I wasn't sure anyone was following this so I kind of gave up on posting, however now that I know you're interested, I'll have to check back! Maybe next time I'll be able to make it the full 5 days (or at least 4 1/2, hah!). I plan on starting back up (with at least a day of raw fruits & veggies beforehand) after my M.I.L has us eat out next (probably this Friday). So it is more like a 5 or so days on, 5 or so days off thing.

Thanks for the encouragment!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.110 sec, (1)