CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 3 month water fast?

catyrpel Views: 25,323
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 883,004

Re: 3 month water fast?

I know that during a Water Fast blood Sugar aka glucose levels are maintained by the body. Ketosis provides the body with enough glucose by breaking down stored fat. Some people with preexisting issues like diabetes or hypoglycemia will encounter problems with water fasting, but as long as you have enough fat the body should be able to regulate blood Sugar on it's own. The electrolytes I am still checking into. I am thinking potassium will be the one most likely to get out of balance in an extended fast. Most of our patients who came in after not eating in nursing homes were in need of potassium. My thought is that starting well nourished, very little supplementation will be needed to maintain the fast. I still feel like a Science experiment. I am going to do more research, but I think I will have to look up the effects of starvation in order to find the information I need. I will be able to goto the medical library again tomorrow. Happy fasting!!!!
-catyrpel

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.922 sec, (1)