CureZone   Log On   Join
NEED ADVICE!! I am 4 weeks pregnant still nursing my 18 month old and about 50 pounds over weight. Many questions! Help :)

newmother Views: 5,263
Published: 13 years ago

NEED ADVICE!! I am 4 weeks pregnant still nursing my 18 month old and about 50 pounds over weight. Many questions! Help :)

Hello,
I am about a month pregnant and my son has been having a hard time weaning. I have been trying to wean him naturally and he is still very interested in nursing. He is not really emotionally ready to stop however now that I am pregnant I am worried. Has anyone done tandem nursing and how did that go? Do you think he might wean naturally by the time the baby is born? He will be a little over 2 years old when the baby comes. Well I don't know what to do. Abrupt weaning is not an option for me. Should I let him continue and try to get his nursing sessions down to a min. I am also still over weight from the first pregnacy. I lost 50 pounds but I have 50 more to go to be a healthy weight for my 6'1 inch frame. I don't look huge but I can tell that I am carrying around extra weight. Is it safe to lose 5 lbs per month while I am pregnant as long as I am eating healthy and exersizeing? Has anyone done this? I want to have a VBAC and my chances are improved if I keep my weight down. I am still looking for a doctor that is willing to do a VBAC. Everyone seems soo against it. I feel that is the best way to go based the research that I have done. I also lost my second cousin last year. She died from a repeat C-section. It seems that they cover up C-section deaths. Those are actually way more risky than a VBAC. Uterine rupture is less than 1% yet there is a much higher death rate with C-sections. I don't understand why doctors are soo quick to do sections when the safer option for mom and baby is VBAC. Well I need some advice.

Thanks

SArah :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (1)