CureZone   Log On   Join
My problems with Mirena

bubbasmommy Views: 2,551
Published: 15 years ago

My problems with Mirena

I everyone I am new here. I was searching for side effects and I found this website. I got the iud in October of 2006 when my son was 9 months old. My gyn suggested it because I have endometriosis and she said in most women their periods stop within the first year of use. This seemed like it would work for me because the best way for me to deal with the emdometriosis is to reduce my periods. I'm just going to list all the problems that I've had since I got the IUD

1. bad lower back pain which reminded me of labor pain
2. increased Acne and also body Acne (which I never had before)
3. no sex drive at all
4. I've had my period for 2 weeks every month and this month since 5/1 and I still have it
5. increased Depression and anxiety attacks
6. uterine contractions ( I swore that I was pregnant and the baby was kicking)
7. painful sex (the few times it happened) and bleeding afterwards
8. Felling tired all the time no matter how much sleep I got
9. Major lack of energy and motivation
10. Just generally not feeling like myself

Things got so bad this past January that I went to the dr and was given medication for Depression and anxiety. I have had problems with Depression for most of my life but it was manageable. I was feeling like I wanted to run away and leave my family behind. Since I've got on the medication the depression has gotten much better but I still do not feel like myself. I'm having a lot of soreness around uterus and I can just feel that the iud is in there which I don't like. I've felt like I was crazy all this time but I now realize that it may have been the IUD all along. I've scheduled to have it removed next week, I'm hoping things get better like I have read on some of the messages. Can anyone else relate?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)