CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Removal

mumof4 Views: 1,462
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 865,989

Re: Removal

I removed it myself and I didn't have any problems at all. I did it while sitting on the toilet and I honestly didn't feel anything in the way of pain. I was very nervous, but in my case I think I was very lucky. I started just by giving the strings a little tug, just to see if it would come away easily, and before I knew it the whole thing was out. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone else though, because as you can tell from a lot of the postings, sometimes there are real problems with having it taken out. I've also given birth 4 times, so that may make a difference too. The only reason I did it myself was because my doctors - yes there's been 2 of them - have both tried to talk me out of it, telling me my symptoms are NOT related to the Mirena. Honestly, what bloody business of theirs is it whether we have it taken out or not. It's not their personal lives and bodies being slowly destroyed. I seem to be having a "normal" period now, which I actually feel very grateful for. I'm having a bright red discharge instead of the usual brown sludge and it's putting my mind at ease that things are returning to normal. Now I just need to lose the 20+ kg I've put on, and enjoy life once again.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

2.985 sec, (1)