I posted a couple weeks ago about my son's double ear infection and whether to give him Antibiotics or not. It's been about 2-3 weeks or so since he got it and it has gotten much better but his ears are still red according to the pediatrician's assistant. I chose not to give to him the Antibiotics for a number of reasons. I wanted to use some natural treatments first which I have done. I'm wondering if any of you have done the wait and see approach with ear infections (which is now being recommended in many cases) and how long did it take to clear up? It's hard for me to make a decision because there is so much conflicting information and everyone has their own opinion. My son is his normal self; he shows no outward signs of an infection. What really gets me is that yesterday I took him to the chiropractor and he looked in his ears and said there was only a little red in the ear canal but not the eardrum. But yet the doctor today said his ears are still "hugely" red and that she recommends the full course of Antibiotics . I went to the chiropractor after his appointment and he looked again and said the same thing as yesterday. The pediatrician's assistant is worried about it causing mastoiditis which she says she's seen a lot of but yet I've read it's rare and that if it's going to happen it doesn't matter whether you've given the antibiotics or not. I don't know, I'm just frustrated because I want to do what's good for my son but it's hard to figure it out sometimes. What do your pediatricians do for ear infections? Have you given your child antibiotics before and does it seem like they continue to get infections on a regular basis? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!