Heart Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
ToddCMH Views: 1,368
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 856,928

Re: Heart worm medicine

Dear Renee,
Having seen firsthand the loss of a beloved family pet to a -totally- preventable disease, I would opt for giving your dog the Heartworm medication. I didn't always feel this way and worried about giving something to my dogs that I did not feel they needed every month, as it is quite cold here in Columbus, OH 6 months out of the year.I don't like giving medicine that may or may not harm them, as much as help.Particularly since they cannot tell us if they feel ill after being given something and we only have our own observation skills to rely on. However after extensive research and the aforementioned death of my Father's dog, I would personally go with the recommendation of the majority of Vets that now recommend year round medication as a preventative for Heartworms. The heartworm meds only work on certain stages of the heartworm's life cycle and the testing costs about as much as just keeping your dog on the heartworm year round as opposed to just when the mosquitos are active.If you add in the cost of a office exam (assuming the Heartworm test is the only thing being done) you have actually saved money by putting your dog on a year round Heartworm program.

My area is -not- listed as "high risk" for heartworm,yet I have encountered many people whose pets have died from heartworms. Annual testing is not required if your pet is on a heartworm preventative year round(although it can't hurt especially as we are all human and sometimes delay or skip a dose)and the peace of mind knowing that you have done all that you can to ensure their health and well being is immeasurable.

Todd

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

3.688 sec, (1)