CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Heart worm medicine

storyofmylife Views: 1,780
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 856,859

Re: Heart worm medicine

Use your own judgement on whether you believe your dog is healthy enough. Do you feed 100% raw? Don't vaccinate? Does your dog have "allergies" or other immune compromised issues? Does your dog attract fleas and ticks? Does he have "dog smell" or yeasty ears? People have different ideas on what a "healthy" dog is, and those aren't the signs of a truly healthy dog.

Even in the "holistic" animal world, dogs can still get heartworms. And heartworms isn't something to take the chance with and mess around with. Join a few "holistic" pet forums and you'll see people that claim to be "holistic" and end up surprised when their dog has it. Sucks if they do get it because the natural cures aren't always too effective for it and the conventional treatment for it is risky. On the other hand, ivermectin/heartgard/reveolution/etc every month aren't too great on their systems either.

I"m in New England which is "high risk" heartworm area and the only dogs I use it on are the ones I adopt from the pound who are pretty f**ked up already from all the vaccinations and shit food. And even then I only use it for the first summer until I get their immune systems built up. You really only have to use it during certain months too. It takes a while for the heartworm to build up inside the mosquito AND the weather has to be a consistent temperature for a certain amount of days. One drop in the temperature and the cycle starts all over in the mosquito. I don't remember the specific numbers, you could probably find it on Google somewhere. Also doesn't matter how MANY mosquitos there are because all it takes is 1 mosquito.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.703 sec, (1)