CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fire Ants

suersteve Views: 1,624
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 85,602

Re: Fire Ants

Amdro or it's equivalent is the only thing that will control fire ants. It's not a pesticide, it's a poison bait so you don't have to use dangerous amounts and kill everything in sight.

I had a lawn service in Florida and used Amdro on all my properties. If you put it down correctly you can get away with using 1/4 of what they recommend. I used a small broadcast seeder. Fire ants are hunter gatherers and they forage far away from their nests to find food. Once under control one pound of amdro will cover several acres. I always used a little extra around the nests. If you put it around the mound like they show in the picture you will waste it. Fire ants are smart and if they see a big pile of amdro around the nest they will know it's poison and carry it off but if you only put about one grain every six inches they will spend all day gathering it and never figure it out.

I would never Eat Mono-Sodium-Glutamat (Natrium Glutamat) but if you rub it on your stings it will break down the poison. It also works very well for Jelly fish stings.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.625 sec, (1)