CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Composting How To?

bevpirt Views: 1,035
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 85,583

Re: Composting How To?

I have been using different methods for several years. The last year or so I just threw all my non-meat scraps into a big pile in the yard, but I did not tend it like I could have. I am such a low maintenance type of person. I did get some great compost out of it though, with huge earthworms. I just had to separate the weeds and overgrown grass - too much work.

Do you know of any environmental groups that do composting in your area? One of the elementary schools I worked at in an upscale neighborhood has a wonderful program for recycling and composting. One of the employees got a huge grant, purchased a huge, industrial sized composter and now all the food that the 900+ students don't eat is put into the composter. Viola! Fresh compost and it is free in several weeks. They do put meat into it, but the employee said she still got huge earthworms with it. I guess it is just too much trouble to separate out the meat with that many kids, etc. I know my dog likes to poke around in it.

Something else I am considering is a Garden Gourment Composter from Jung Quality Seeds. It is retailed for under $70.00 or so. Seems like the other composting bins I have seen are upwards of $100.00 or more.

Let us know what you decide and what works for you.

B

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.469 sec, (1)