CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Bio-dynamic enthusiasts

bevpirt Views: 1,460
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 85,566

Re: Bio-dynamic enthusiasts

Hi Mercuryman,

Just found your post. The gardening forum is not very active. Oh well.

I try to do organic gardening. I will have to look up this Rudolph Steiner.

I am not sure that I know exactly what biodynamic gardening is, but Ian Jones on The Miracle Gardener- 3ABN (now off the air) stated that this was his method of gardening. I tried to use his double digging method this year, but I also built raised beds - I have 8 beds that are 3' x 8' and several other beds that are 2' x 8'. They are 3 landscape timbers high. I had to use the treated timbers, as that was all I had access to. And I needed the raised beds for various reasons. I did buy topsoil, peat moss, sand, Epsom Salts , etc. because I only live on 1/5 of an acre. I used lots and lots of leaves from the neighborhood that my nice neighbors bagged up for me when they cleaned their yards this past fall.

And I used lots of earthworm castings from my compost pile.

I bought most of my seeds from Johnny's Seed Co., but not all of them did very well, so I have had to buy some from Lowe's/Home Depot, etc.

I am trying to do the square foot gardening, as I understand it, by planting things pretty close together - little room for weeds, etc.

I also recently put extra Epsom Salts everywhere because there was some yellowing of various leaves. It worked wonders. We have had a little rain, and the plants have taken off in 1-2 days. Of course, I also side dressed with some compost.

Hope you are still active on Curezone.

bevpirt

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.703 sec, (1)